Sunday 11 November 2012

Malala

Veg here

Yesterday was 'I am Malala Day' and I spent a lot of time thinking about her. I am glad so many people have signed the petition. I have. I hope it works so no one else gets hurt because they want to go to school.

Malala Day from Education Envoy on Vimeo.


Today was Remembrance Day and I went with the Brownies to the special church service and to lay a wreath.

It has been a weekend full of thinking. I have written some ideas about school dinners but it can wait.

Veg

4 comments:

  1. I am pleased Martha you are giving Malawa your support.

    It is not only empty stomachs that are stopping girls receiving an education. It is ignorant people who wish to see girls remain as ignorant as they are.

    I am sure Mary Wollstonecraft would have been very proud of both of you.

    - The rights of girls to an education

    I regret I did not go to church this morning. I had thought of going as a very special Sunday as it was the 11th day of the 11th month.

    It is good to think and reflect. And of course to act.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do not wish them [women] to have power over men; but over themselves. – Mary Wollstonecraft

    The terrorists showed what frightens them most: a girl with a book. – Ban Ki-moon, UN Secretary General

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very interesting. I wore my poppy for poppy day yesterday! And did my silence without barking!
    From
    Pippa
    www.pippasheltie.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Madonna speaks at her Madison Square Garden MDNA Tour show a couple of nights ago on Pussy Riot and Malawa. Sound quality not too good, difficult to hear what she says.

    http://keithpp.wordpress.com/2012/11/14/madonna-speech/

    ReplyDelete