Tuesday 24 July 2012

Breakfast- Finland

Hi! I'm mother of three from Finland. I have two sons, 7 and 8 years old ones. They are going to primary school 1st and 2nd classes when new semester starts in August. My daughter is three years old. I'm homemom for her and childminder for three other kids ages one to three. I make and serve breakfast, lunch and afternoon snack for these little ones every Monday to Friday. Boys get their free lunch in school like every kid in Finnish schools, other meals they eats in home.

This time I like to present you most typically breakfast for my daughter. It contains rye bread with very thin slice of smoked ham and some veggies (lettuce, cucumber, cherry tomato and pepper), bowl of fresh fruits (grapes, watermelon and banana) and cup of hot chocolate.




I tried to ask her what she like about the breakfast. She told me that breakfast tastes good, and she ate everything else except watermelon, which she don't like. When I asked is it healthy or non-healthy, she answered healthy. So I think rates could be something like that:

Food-O-Meter: 8/10
Mouthfuls: Didn't count
Course: Breakfast
Healthy: 9/10 I take one point off because of hot chocolate, 'cause I can't find the better option with less sugar last time in store.
Price: I think less than 1€ or £0.80 for her portion.
Pieces of hairs: none

My 8 years old son rates the same breakfast like that:

Food-O-Meter: 9/10
Mouthfuls: Didn't count either
Course: Breakfast
Healthy: 10/10


Best regards,
Merja

16 comments:

  1. I love the way you used your imagination to make the face..makes it more fun for young children

    ReplyDelete
  2. finally some finnsih rye bread, I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Morning Finland, great blog and excellent looking healthy food.

    I am an adult, there is nothing like a smiley face in the morning to greet you, Thank you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Go Finland! And notice everyone: in Finland, every kid gets a FREE school meal every day. Isn't that great?

    ReplyDelete
  5. My husband worked in Finland for six months until the end of April this year. I spent a week at Christmas over there and another week in March. I love Finland, especially the food. He used to bring back goodies for me when he came home once a month. Usually my favourite thing - Ruispalatz! The rye bread in Finland is really delicious. As is all the varieties of smoked fish and meats. I love seeing a healthy breakfast of rye bread, meat, fruit and veg. Especially one that's so cheerful! Thanks for sharing Merja! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just looking at that breakfast made me smile. I'd sure love to eat it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is pretty much my ultimate breakfast (as an adult)! I wish we had yummy rye bread (that I didn't have to mail order from New York) here in Utah!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this breakfast! I like the idea of a light sandwich for breakfast. Where I live, it is very common to have just cereal with milk and maybe a fruit. I should try this sometime with my son! I hope he eats more veggies when they look so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I adore that this is cute and fun. Healthy but so cute and fun for a child to eat. Great way to make meals fun.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi folks! Thank you all so much for your lovely comments :) Glad that you like the breakfast.

    Renda Fury: You got a good taste ;) Ruispalat is one of our favorites too, another is Ruispuikulat. And I love smoked fish.

    Jennifer: I actually had the same breakfast as the kids, except I drink coffee instead of hotchocolate, like I always do. We don't have different foods for kids and adults. Whole family eat always the same.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sou um turista brasileiro, apesar de não entender nada da linguagem escocesa, pela images da pra perceber.

    ReplyDelete